Outstanding job in writing my paper. I am always thrill to receive a well written paper that follows the instructions and the thorough details put into my paper. The quality of this paper is beyond awesome. Thank you so much.
Module 3 – Case
In the Module 3 Case, we will use the Utility Test to inform our understanding of the Mattel case study.
For purposes of the Case Assignment, we will focus on the Utility Test:
Hamilton, B. (2012, June 7). Utility test. Ethics Ops. Retrieved from http://ethicsops.com/UtilityTest.php
The Utility Test may be best understood with a review of the following examples—also from Ethics Ops. Be sure that you review both examples thoroughly, as we will be using the Utility Test in the Case assignment:
Visit the library, and locate the following article:
Sethi, S., Veral, E., Shapiro, H., & Emelianova, O. (2011). Mattel, Inc.: Global manufacturing principles (GMP) – A life-cycle analysis of a company-based code of conduct in the toy industry. Journal of Business Ethics, 99(4), 483-517. Retrieved from ProQuest.
In a well-written, 4- page paper, apply the Utility Test to the Mattel case study.
Keys to the Assignment
1. Choose an ethical issue raised by the Mattel case study (e.g., you might choose to analyze Mattel’s treatment of employees).
2. Apply the Utility Test: http://ethicsops.com/UtilityTest.php
3. Be sure that you follow each step of the Utility Test (use a separate section heading for discussion of each step of the test):
A. Introduce the test.
B. Briefly discuss why utility ethics is a valid way of deciding right and wrong.
C. Apply the testStep 1: Identify the alternative actions that are possible and the persons and groups (the stakeholders) who will be affected by these actions.Step 2: For each of the most promising alternatives, determine the benefits and costs to each person or group affected.Step 3: Select the action in the current situation that produces the greatest benefits over costs for all affected.Step 4: Discuss what would happen if the action were a policy for all similar situations.
D. Draw a conclusion. If the same action is selected in Steps 3 & 4, then the action is an ethical one. If different actions are selected, decide whether the individual action will produce the greatest good and the least harm, for all affected, over the long term.
4. Be sure to use at least two sources from the library to support your discussion and analysis (choose sources that are not included in the Background section of Module 3).
Module 3 – SLP
In the Module 3 SLP, you will choose an organization with which you are familiar, and you willwrite a 2- to 3-page paper, in which you discuss the extent to which your organization embraces Corporate Social Responsibility (or CSR).
Read the following article, which provides examples of socially responsible companies (this website includes a number of quite excellent articles pertaining to the merits of CSR). You may also want to explore the optional readings provided below, as they may be useful to your understanding of CSR:
Fallon, N. (2014, December 4). 20 great examples of socially responsible businesses. Business News Daily. Retrieved from http://www.businessnewsdaily.com/5499-examples-socially-responsible-businesses.html
The following resources provide a very good overview of CSR, and how companies use CSR initiatives to increased the organization’s effectiveness:
2014 corporate social responsibility report (2014). Hershey Company. Retrieved from http://www.thehersheycompany.com/social-responsibility/shared-goodness/goodbusiness
Corporate social responsibility. (2013). International Institute for Sustainable Development. Retrieved from https://www.iisd.org/business/issues/sr.aspx
In a well-written, 2- page paper, discuss the extent to which an organization with which you are familiar pursues CSR.
Keys to the Assignment
1. In 1-2 paragraphs, describe your organization – what it does, how many employees, how much revenue, etc.
2. Select some aspect of CSR, and discuss how your organization employs CSR in its operations.
3. What are the specific advantages to your company in its use of CSR?
4. If your company does not presently pursue a form of CSR, please identify a specific CSR practice (e.g., environmental consciousness, community welfare, etc.) from which your company would benefit.
5. Be sure to use at least two sources from the library to support your discussion and analysis (choose sources that are not included in the Background section of this module).
6. Follow the guidelines in The Student Guide to Writing a High Quality Academic Paper
7. You are expected to demonstrate evidence of critical thinking – as defined in the Module 2 background materials and the grading rubric.
8. Save your completed paper, and upload your assignment before the due date.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more