Thank you very much. You did an excellent job on the power point presentation. Thanks!
This document of HRM 594 Week 8 Final Exam Version 1 shows the solutions to the following problems:
1. Review the 13 strategic staffing decisions that organizations must make when developing a staffing strategy. Provide an example of an organizational business strategy, and explain how each decision might be impacted by the given business goals.
2. You are the staffing manager for your organization. Fully discuss the administrative issues that you would address in the planning stage of external recruiting. Explain the importance of each issue.
3. If you were the HR staffing manager for an organization, what guidelines might you recommend regarding oral and written communication with the job applicants by members of the organization?
4. As an HR leader, how would you try to get individual managers to be more aware of the legal requirements of staffing systems and to take steps to ensure that they themselves engage in legal staffing actions?
5. Assume you gave a general ability test, measuring both verbal and computational skills, to a group of applicants for a specific job. Also assume that because of severe hiring pressures, you hired all of the applicants, regardless of their test scores. How would you investigate the criterion-related validity of the test?
6. There are numerous negative organizational consequences to firing employees, including the discomfort of the supervisor who delivers the termination information, conflict or sabotage from the departing employee, and the potential for a lawsuit. In response, many supervisors provide problem employees unpleasant work tasks, reduced working hours, or otherwise negatively modify their jobs in hopes that the problem employees will simply quit. What are the ethical issues raised by this strategy?
7. Imagine an organization that has a staffing process in which vacancies are filed (a) on a lottery basis from among job applicants, or (b) on a first-come, first-hired basis among job applicants. Predict the potential problems associated with these scenarios.
8. It has been suggested that “ethical conduct” be formally incorporated as a general competency requirement for any job within the organization. Debate the pros and cons of this suggestion.
9. Consider a circumstance where your organization is doing exit interviews and has promised confidentiality to all who respond. Your supervisor has asked you to give the name of each respondent so she can assess the information in conjunction with the person’s supervisor. What obligation do corporate HR employees have to keep information confidential in such circumstances?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more