Thank you very much. You did an excellent job on the power point presentation. Thanks!
For Unit Two, you will write an informative academic essay based on library/Internet research explaining the complexities surrounding a global issue about which American college students are not likely to be well-informed. A Ã¢â‚¬Å“global issueÃ¢â‚¬Â is an issue that also affects those outside the United States and Canada. The paper should inform readers of the problem/issue, examine its complexities, and discuss what is being done to address it.
Imagine that your reader is interested in what you have to say and has some background knowledge, generally speaking, about your topic, but you (will) know more because of the research you will conduct. This insight will render your readerÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s view of what youÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ve researched Ã¢â‚¬Å“mistaken or overly narrow.Ã¢â‚¬Â Your task is to break us away from our common, inadequately informed view by inviting us to consider Ã¢â‚¬Å“a new, surprising view.Ã¢â‚¬Â
Since our theme is Ã¢â‚¬Å“Multiple Perspectives on a Global issue,Ã¢â‚¬Â it is to be expected that the new view you present will emerge from those multiple perspectives. You must work with at least three sources that will each present different perspectives. Your thesis should assert your understanding of the connections and differences among these perspectives and show readers something new, or something that is likely to be surprising to them about the various views.
What you need to do:
1. Define and narrow a research topic by posing and analyzing a research question. Use skills of evaluation and analysis to select potential sources for the paper.
2. Address an audience of classmates and teacher who are less informed about the specific topic than the writer, but part of a common conversation about global issues.
3. Employ a thesis statement (an answer to research question regarding a global issue) to state the purpose the essay.
4. Craft an introduction that presents the thesis about a surprising view in relation to a knowledge gap.
5. Employ your own ideas as main points of paragraphs, use points-to-particulars to develop your body paragraphs, and use details from readings and research as supporting evidence.
6. Integrate sources smoothly into the paperÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s prose using accurate and appropriate summary, paraphrase, and quotations (no block quotations.
7. Create an effective conclusion that moves beyond mere summary (think, Ã¢â‚¬Å“so what?Ã¢â‚¬Â).
Format and Grade:
4-6 double-spaced pages in 12 pt. Times New Roman font
One-inch margins, one-inch header and footer and an MLA header.
Carefully chosen direct reference (quotations) from the text under consideration.
Incorporate these quotations using APA style formatting.
Running head: GLOBAL GUN POLICIES 1 Global Gun PoliciesNameInstitution GLOBAL GUN POLICIES 2Global Gun Policies The debate over gun control in America provides waxed and waned through the…
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more