Thank you very much. You did an excellent job on the power point presentation. Thanks!
Unit 5 Assignment – Epistemology
Instructions: Please note that the questions below are based on the Unit readings and are intended to be both an outline of the units’ material and the basis for your Unit Assessment, so please give your best effort to answering them thoroughly. The task is to respond to 15 of the questions below. Each question will be worth two points.
The format for submission is to include the questions with the replies. Example:
How does one know what the good life is?
– The good life is…
1. Define Epistemology. What are the types of philosophical questions considered in the study of Epistemology?
2. Describe and give an example of the “four different uses of language” the unit reading highlights.
3. What is meant by the Cognitive use of language?
4. What is the central claim of Rationalism? Who were the first philosophers referred to as rationalist?
5. What is Scholasticism? Who is the archetypal scholastic philosopher?
6. What did knowledge “involve” for Rene Descartes?
7. What do Empiricists rely on as the central source of knowledge? Name some prominent empiricists from the modern philosophical period.
8. Describe the difference between the term a priori and a posteriori.
9. What meaning did John Locke give to the Latin term tabula rasa?
10. Explain what John Locke meant by the primary and secondary qualities of an object.
11. Give an account of George Berkeley’s subjective idealism. Research what he meant by the statement esse est percipi.
12. Highlight the specific characteristics of David Hume’s empiricism.
13. Summarize Immanuel Kant’s epistemological theory (Transcendental Idealism).
14. What distinction does Immanuel Kant make between noumena and phenomena reality?
15. Why does Kant believe “that humans will never know things as they are in themselves”?
16. Define Skepticism and Fallibilism. Name some skeptics from both the classical and modern philosophical periods.
17. Describe and give examples of Logical, Semantic, Systemic, and Empirical knowledge.
18. What is the Correspondence Theory of truth?
19. What is the Coherence Theory of truth?
20. What is the Pragmatic Theory of truth?
21. “If objectivity is rejected, every group’s claims would be equal.” Explain the meaning and challenge this statement presents.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more