Outstanding job in writing my paper. I am always thrill to receive a well written paper that follows the instructions and the thorough details put into my paper. The quality of this paper is beyond awesome. Thank you so much.
Text: Intellectual Disabilities Across the Lifespan, Drew & Hardman (2007)
Chapter 1 Assignment
Understanding Intellectual Disabilities
Instructions: For all of the chapter assignments, please review the assigned chapter first. Open the assignment, save it to your desktop or jump drive, open the file on your computer, answer the questions, and upload the completed assignment to CANVAS. Use 12 or 14 inch font and APA style.
1. The field of study on intellectual disabilities (ID) has evolved throughout history. It has been widely influenced by economic, societal, and situational factors. One of the societal issues in the early 1900’s was sterilization.
(a) Discuss the Kallikak family as studied by Goddard (1913).
(b) Search the internet and locate information on Carrie and Emma Buck, a famous eugenics sterilization case (1927). Give a summary of the Buck case. ihttp://www.eugenicsarchive.org/html/eugenics/essay8text.html
2. The causes of ID appear to stem from biomedical, environmental, and societal origins. Approximately 20% of cases are deemed biomedical (such as Down Syndrome and other genetic disorders), with the remaining 80% of cases being virtually unknown.
(a) Discuss potential environmental causes.
(b) Discuss potential societal causes.
3. Drew & Hardman (2007) discuss the AAMR (American Association on Mental Retardation) in the textbook. In reality, the national organization has now changed its name to American Association on Intellectual and Developmental Disability (AAIDD). Locate the new organization on the internet.
(a) What is the mission of the AAIDD?
(b) What resources are available on the website?
4. Over the years, psychology, medical, and educational studies have shaped the diagnostic criteria and treatment of individuals with ID. Review pages 15-22 in the textbook.
(a) Discuss the educational contributions pertinent to the evolvement of ID in the areas of identification, adaptative behavior, intelligence testing, and treatment.
(b) Discuss inclusion as it impacts current educational placement for children with ID.
5. The old classification of ID included IQ ranges that placed an individual in one of four categories: mild, moderate, severe, and profound. However, the new categories of ID place an individual in one of four categories, based on his/her need for support.
(a) Locate the four intensity levels of support on pg 24-25. List and DEFINE the intensity levels.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more