Outstanding job in writing my paper. I am always thrill to receive a well written paper that follows the instructions and the thorough details put into my paper. The quality of this paper is beyond awesome. Thank you so much.
Do #2, 3a, b, and 4b
Chapter 4 Assignment
From Sight Words to Emerging Literacy
1. (a) According to Browder (2001), what are the 3 characteristics of functional reading?
1. the learning of specific sight words that are immediately useful, and
2. a different approach to learning to read when literacy is not being attained 3. an approach to reading achievement that can be achieved quickly and might inspire more interest in literacy.
(b) Name two limitations of a sight-word-only approach to teaching reading to children with SCD.
1) Students can learn to identify sight words with little to no understanding of how to use this skill in real-world situations.
2) It teaches words separately from other language concepts.
2. Check out the website on writing with symbols @ www.widgit.com and describe three aspects of this feature that may assist children with SCD in communication and early literacy.
3. The appropriate ‘wait-time’ is vital in gendering a response from a child with SCD. Often times the student may know the answer, but takes a bit longer to comprehend the question, and additional time to communicate a response. Review the research on ‘time-delay procedures’ from Collins & Griffen (1996) beginning on page 69.
(a) Give an overall description and results of the study by Collins & Griffen.
(b) Define zero-delay variation in the systematic prompting system.
4. The unit approach has proven successful in teaching literacy and early reading to students with SCD. Review the textbook section on this topic, beginning on page 75.
(a) Define the steps involved in using the unit approach as listed in the textbook.
1) the source of the lesson, 2) at least one objective statement, 3. An attention-getter to introduce the lesson, 4. A plan for encouraging participation in story reading, 5. A review of the story to increase comprehension, 6. A follow-up group skill drill, and 7. The opportunity for independent practice.
(b) Design a virtual unit for students with SCD at the grade level in which you are currently teaching, following the example given in Table 4.4 on page 75.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more